It’s a common problem: you need to change your CPU fan speed, but you can’t do it without BIOS. How To Change CPU Fan Speed Without BIOS? Well, there is a way around that. Here’s how to change your CPU fan speed without BIOS:
1. Download and install SpeedFan.
2. Run SpeedFan and go to the “Options” menu.
3. Select “Advanced Fan Control”.
4. Check the “Enable advanced fan control” option and click “OK”. 5. In the main window, select the fan you want to control in the “Fan” drop-down menu (usually it’s CPUFAN). 6.
- Download and install a fan control software like SpeedFan or HWMonitor
- Run the software and go to the “Options” or “Settings” page
- Find the option to change the CPU fan speed without BIOS and enable it
- Set the desired CPU fan speed in the software and save your changes
Table of Contents
How To Change CPU Fan Speed Without BIOS?
Changing the CPU fan speed without accessing the BIOS directly can be a bit tricky, but there are a few software options you can try. Keep in mind that not all systems may support this, and you might have limited control compared to changing settings in the BIOS. One such method involves using third-party software like SpeedFan:
Step 1: Download SpeedFan
- Go to the SpeedFan website and download the latest version of the software.
Step 2: Install SpeedFan
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install SpeedFan on your computer.
Step 3: Launch it
- After installation, open SpeedFan from the Start menu or the desktop shortcut.
Step 4: Identify your CPU fan
- In the main SpeedFan window, you should see a list of detected fans in your system. Identify the fan that corresponds to your CPU fan. Typically, it will be labeled as “CPU Fan” or something similar.
Step 5: Adjust fan speed
- Select the CPU fan from the list and click on the “Configure” button or double-click the fan to open its settings.
Step 6: Set fan speed control
- Look for options related to fan speed control. Depending on your hardware and system compatibility, you might see options like “Automatic fan speed” or “Manual fan control.”
- If available, you can adjust the fan speed by either selecting an automatic fan control profile or manually setting the fan speed percentage.
Step 7: Test the settings
- Apply the changes and close the SpeedFan window. Observe the fan speed and CPU temperature to ensure that the changes are effective.
Please note that SpeedFan’s compatibility with different systems and hardware can vary, and some laptops may not be supported at all. Additionally, changing fan speed settings without BIOS access may have limitations and might not provide the same level of control as adjusting settings in the BIOS.
How to control fan speed on PC! FREE PC Fan control software for all brands!
What is the Best Way to Change CPU Fan Speed Without Bios
If you want to change your CPU fan speed without BIOS, the best way to do it is by using a third-party fan control software.
The fan control software will let you change the speed of your CPU fan in real-time, and they usually come with a user-friendly interface. Some popular fan control software options include Speed Fan and HW Monitor. Do Laptops have XMP? You have to know it if you’re a Laptop user.
How Do I Change My CPU Fan Speed If I Don’t Have a Bios Option
If you don’t have a BIOS option to change your CPU fan speed, you can still change it by downloading a program that will allow you to control the fan speed. There are many different programs available, so you’ll need to find one that is compatible with your motherboard and connect CPU. Once you’ve downloaded and installed the program, you should be able to change the fan speed by going into the settings.
Is It Possible to Change CPU Fan Speed Without BIOS?
It is possible to change CPU fan speed without BIOS. This can be done by using a software program that allows you to control the fan speed. There are a few different programs that you can use, but one of the most popular is SpeedFan.
You can download this program for free from their website (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php). Once you have downloaded and installed SpeedFan, launch the program and go to the “Configure” tab. Then, click on the “Advanced” button and select the “PWM Mode” option.
Finally, select the “CPU Fan” option and choose the desired fan speed from the drop-down menu.
If you are interested to purchase a Laptop then you may check the Best Laptops for Computer science students, Best Laptops for Programming Students, Best Laptops under 700 for Gaming, and the best Budget gaming Laptops under 1000.
Bloggers often write about their experiences and share tips with their readers. This blogger describes how to change the CPU fan speed without BIOS.
The first step is to identify which pins on the motherboard control the fan speed.
The second step is to use a program like SpeedFan to control the fan speed.