One of the great features of the PS5 is the ability to connect it to your laptop and play your games without having to use a remote. Here’s how you can do it: First, make sure that your PS5 is turned on and that you’re logged in to your account. Then, open the Remote Play application on your laptop.
Once the app is open, click on the “Settings” icon in the top-right corner. In the Settings menu, click on “Remote Play Connection Settings.” On this page, you will see an option that says “Enable Remote Play.”
- Download the Remote Play app for your laptop
- Turn on your PS5 and log in to your PlayStation account
- Go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings > Add Device on your PS5 and enter the code displayed on your laptop screen
- Once connected, you can launch games and play them directly on your laptop screen!
Table of Contents
How to connect your PS5 to a laptop in two ways?
How Do I Connect My Ps5 to My Laptop Without Using Remote Play
If you want to connect your PS5 to your laptop without using remote play, there are a few things you need to do. First, make sure that your PS5 and laptop are in the same room and close to each other. Then, on your PS5, go to Settings > Devices > Connection Settings > Add Device.
Select your laptop from the list of devices that appears. Once it’s added, select it as the primary device. Now, on your laptop, open the Remote Play app and click ‘Start’.
Your PS5 should now be connected to your laptop!
What are the Benefits of Connecting My Ps5 to My Laptop Without Remote Play
There are a few benefits of connecting your PS5 to your laptop without remote play. For starters, it can help improve your PS5’s overall performance. This is because when you connect your PS5 to your laptop, the two devices can share resources and processing power.
As a result, your PS5 will have more resources available to it, which can lead to better performance. In addition, connecting your PS5 to your laptop can also help you save money on buying additional controllers or other gaming accessories. If you have a spare controller or set of headphones lying around, you can use them with your PS5 by connecting the two devices together.
This can be a great way to save money if you don’t want to invest in new gaming accessories right away. Finally, connecting your PS5 to your laptop can also provide you with another way to play games. If you’re having trouble with remote play or simply want another option for playing games, connecting your PS5 directly to your laptop can give you an alternate way to enjoy all of the great titles that are available for the console.
How Can I Ensure a Smooth Connection between My Ps5 And Laptop When Using Remote Play
Assuming you would like tips on how to have a smooth connection when using PS5 Remote Play on your laptop:
1. Check your internet connection
Before starting remote play, it is important to check the strength of your home Wi-Fi network or wired Ethernet connection.
A minimum download speed of 5Mbps is required to use Remote Play, but Sony recommends that players have an internet connection with speeds of at least 12Mbps. You can check the speed of your home internet connection by running a free online test atSpeedtest.net. If your speeds are below 5Mbps, you may experience lag and other performance issues while playing games remotely.
2. Update Your PS5 Console Software It is also important to make sure that your PS5 console software is up to date before using Remote Play. You can update your PS5 console software by going to Settings > System > System Software Updates > Update System Software in the main menu.
3. Download and Install the PS5 Remote Play App To play games on your laptop using PS5 Remote Play, you first need to download and install thePS5 Remote Play app for Windows or macOS from Sony’s website. Once downloaded, open the app and sign in with your PlayStation Network account credentials (the same ones you use to sign into your PS4).
4. Connect Your DualShock 4 Controller wirelessly over Bluetooth Once you’ve signed into the app, connect your DualShock 4 controller wirelessly over Bluetooth by going to Settings > Devices > Controllers in the main menu then selecting “Wireless Controller.” If you’re having trouble connecting your controller wirelessly, try connecting it via a USB cable instead by going to Settings > Devices > Controllers then selecting “USB Cable Connection.”
5. Enable HDCP Encryption HDCP encryption must be enabled in order for remote play audio and video content to display properly on laptops and other devices that are not connected directly to a TV or monitor via HDMI . To enable HDCP encryption, go to Settings> Sound and Screen> Audio Output Settings> Video Output Settings> Enable HDCPEncryption .
In order to connect your PS5 to a laptop without remote play, you will need to use an HDMI cable. Once you have connected the HDMI cable, you will then need to go into your settings and enable the “Allow Remote Play” option. After that, you should be all set!